Thursday, December 5, 2013

Blog Post #10 - Course Evaluation

      I have thoroughly enjoyed TCF 312 Advanced Videography with Dr. Raimist. I fought all summer to get this class on my schedule for the fall and I succeeded. I did not know what I was getting myself into, but I just knew I needed some of Dr. Raimist's teachings before I left the Capstone. I heard through other students how good of a teacher she was and I wanted to know for myself. I can now say that she is. She is very knowledgeable about the material and equipment because she has worked with it on numerous projects. I think teachers should have firsthand experience with the material they teach and Raimist has that. I appreciate firsthand knowledge.
      Although the course required a lot of time and energy, it was useful. I feel like I have a better understanding of the work that is required to make a film. I have a better understanding of all the positions and how things operate. I also learned exactly what it is that I want to do and what I don't want to do in the industry. 
     The class time was used wisely, although at times I felt it was too long, but it is necessary considering the amount of material that has to be covered and the fact that the class only met once a week. I think my favorite and most enjoyable parts of the class were the blog post, scene assignment, and portrait of the place. I think the blog post were helpful because they reiterated what we learned in class and helped us grasp the language of filmmaking. I also liked the projects we had to work with other people on like the scene assignment and portrait of the place. It allowed us to be creative and enhance our communication skills.
     I think the least enjoyable parts were the days of actual lecture. I love being hands on and lecture sort of took away that vibe. I have little interest in camera specs and lenses, but it was material that we needed to know for the final so I listened and grasp it anyway. I love the fact that Dr. Raimist allowed us to take our written exam home and use our readings and other material to fill it in.
     TCF 312 was a challenging course, but because I love film I enjoyed it and took a lot from it. I think Dr. Raimist is an awesome teacher filled with knowledge and I am appreciative that she shared it with me.   

No comments:

Post a Comment